Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AT OUR HOUSE

The weather has been so beautiful this past little while, that John decided to do something we have never done before............ put up the Christmas lights a little early this year. (Usually we are putting them up and it is snowing and our fingers are about to fall off.) We started on Friday when he got off work and worked until it was getting dark and we had to go in to watch the Jazz loose to San Antonio. John getting started...........still in a good mood


Then at about noon on Saturday we started up again. We hung lights around the two big windows in front of the house and put lights on the sleigh that we put by the front door. We decided to put lights on the ornamental pear trees in the front yard and also on the memosa tree. Well, we got all the lights on the first pear tree and plugged them in and they wouldn't work. (Even though we tried them out before we started and they were fine.) So...........John took the wire cutters and cut them all up so they were easy to pull off the tree and we started over again. Would you be scared to decorate with this person?
We put our reindeer on the front lawn and some spotslights on them. And then Shon came over and helped us hang the ones that were really high up over the garage. It is a good project to have over with. When Shon was hanging the lights over the garage he said "This is kind of a stupid tradition, isn't it?" I tend to agree. When they are all done and they look so good, it was worth it, but while you are doing them, it is a stupid tradition!

Shon helping us


Our Reindeer

John, before he got too mad to finish the trees.


The End of a Perfect Day


Finished Product

8 comments:

Rex and Paula said...

That picture of the kids at the top is priceless....
That is the exact project we should have taken on yeterday, but Rex had more important things to do...(grease monkey). It is sort of a dumb tradition, even though I never help, it is a lot of work. They always look good when they are up though.

Vernile said...

You're making the rest of us look bad. Now I'm going have to do it tomorrow I guess.

knap said...

Aunt Claudine,
When it comes to putting up Christmas lights at our house it is the same way. They work when you plug them in and when you get them all on they don't work and Kevin gets really mad. So I can see where you can get really agravated with the christmas lights and want to just give up. Anyways I bet it looks real nice. We will have to drive by and take a peek.

Byron said...

John should come put mine up. I need to have some entertainment. You could bring some hot cocoa and we could pull out the lawn chairs and be entertained. I would even bring out the video camera for that.

oldcowboy said...

Claudine,
You and John have always made Christmas fun. I remember many Christmas Eve Parties hosted at the Harmony Hilton and then at your home in Cedar. I remember all the fun games and good food that everyone would prepare. Thank you for the good memories. Memories we make last a lifetime. I just have one question. Will John nail the Christmas tree to the floor in your new home?

Happy Holidays,
Your Brother The Grinch
Brent

Janna said...

That is why we pay someone to put our Christmas lights up. They come and are done within an hour. And everyone is much happier. So worth the little bit of money! They even come and take them down after Christmas for no additional charge.
They look good!!

Anonymous said...

I give you guys alot of credit..I can barely get my tree decorated. I get more like Dad every year. I will be coming up on the 11th and can hardly wait to see everyone. Keep up the good blogs..Love, Annette

Clay Prince said...

A couple years ago I got up on our roof and put the lights up. At one corner the house is pretty far off the ground, and the roof was a little slippery...

I didn't fall off, but I got dizzy and nauseated and started to sweat. I was so scared, I vowed then and there to never get up there again, and I haven't. We do like Janna and pay somebody to risk their neck.

The pictures of Uncle John remind me of Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. Priceless!