Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

SATURDAY ON NORTH MOUNTAIN

John and I took a nice ride on our 4 wheelers on Saturday. It was a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky and about 50 degrees. We left home about noon and stopped at Subway and got us a sandwich and ate it on the way to Harmony, along with a soda pop that we got out of the fridge at home. We unloaded our 4 wheelers at Dad's at about one o'clock. We rode up through town looking at everything that is new. We rode up the canyon to the cattle guard and turned right and followed the fence line to the North Mountain Road. We rode up the south side of the mountain and it was really nice and warm. We got up close to the top when the road turns to go down the east side to Kanarra and stopped and John shot his shot gun a few times. It started to get chilly, so we put on an extra sweat shirt and some things on our heads and ears. We decided to ride up to the cell phone tower and ran into a new tower up there. We think it is some sort of weather tower, and it was interesting. We took some photos and went on down the east side of the mountain. We ran into another tower just like the first one. We rode on down through Harmony Mountain Ranches (a new subdivision that is northwest of Kanarra). Then we turned south and rode along the foothills west of Kanarra and looked at cabins and houses there. Then we headed west on a dirt road that paralels the Harmony road. We got back to Dad's at about five o'clock. We saw four cows and some wild turkeys, but not one deer, until we went down to Dad's field and there were lots of them. Great day.....one of those unplanned days that turns out better than if you had planned it.

Our first stop, looking east over into Kolob and Zion. Photo courtesy of gumbie!



Looking up to the top of the tower Looking west from the tower Looking south from the tower, into Harmony Going down the Kanarra side of the mountain

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is about time you wrote another blog. I have been waiting a while for one. That sounds like such a fun day..wish I could have been with you guys. Your pictures are beautiful and you write so discriptive it almost makes one feel they are right there with you. love to all Annette

oldcowboy said...

Claudine,
This looks like a very fun day. North Mountain is a beautiful place. Next time you go up you will need to try and find the tree where Dad and Lorna carved their name in an aspen tree. One Of these days I will borrow a four wheeler and go with you guys. I too, enjoyed a fun visit with you on Sunday. It was good to get together and laugh.

Love,

Brent

knap said...

Aunt Claudine,
It look's like you guy's had a real nice time, the one's that are not planed and all maped out are the one's that are fun. nice pictures. keep up the good work.

Nicole

K,K and Tay said...

Mom sounds like fun I miss going on the rides with you guys and I miss north mountain I love that place, dad and I had some fun times up there. keep up the blog's
love Kenyon

Vernile said...

It looks like you had a great day for a ride and a fun time. Thanks for the invite, sorry I couldn't go with. Maybe nexst time.

Anonymous said...

I finally got a blog grams. This is Lindsey. It was good seeing you guys. I like your page its cute.

Rex and Paula said...

Sounds like a fun ride. Can you believe it is still warm enough to go? I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. It is beautiful.