Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

CHRISTMAS TIME ON 1175 WEST


I almost forgot...photo of last weeks snow for my Las Vegas
friend that doesn't get to see it very often.


Mataya and I after her dance review.



Mataya is the cute little dark girl in the middle.


Mataya in her dance costume.


Grady sitting by the small Christmas Trees.



Taya looking at the Baby Jesus.


Our tree with the living room lights on.



Our tree with the lights off.


I LOVE this time of the year. These are some shots of things that have been happening around here lately. Every year I think of Chrtistmas in Grandpa Princes old house. Looking back, those were good times. We used to make snowflakes and hang them all over the ceiling of the living room. My sewing was in one corner of the living room and the tree was across the room from it in another corner. We never could get our tree to stand up, so John nailed it to the floor and it was beautiful. I made stick horse ornaments with a candy cane sticking up through them. We had a wood burning stove in the living room and our dog, Bernice used to sleep under it until her white fur was scorched tan. We had fun Christmas parties in that old house with my family and John's family in attendance. We played games and had so much fun. Christmas time is fun now too, espically when our kids and grandkids come and it snows on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and we are inside having a wonderful time.

5 comments:

Rex and Paula said...

thanks for bringing tears to my eyes....those christmas' in the old house were some good times. remember those dresses you made kim and me, the red ones with white polkadots? we were so proud of those snowflakes we made to hang from the ceiling. good times! thanks for the post mom--i love you

Mama Groke said...

Way to go, Claudine. Thanks for posting again. Thanks for commenting on mine. Love you, and hope the little red fat man is good to you. Deanna

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Claudine...LOVE the pics...THANK YOU for the snow! Your tree is beautiful...I love Christmas time and all the memories...they are the best!! Just a few more days...and hopefully I will run into the white stuff when we head north! Merry Christmas...

Clay Prince said...

That Mataya is the cutest!

Janna said...

Wish we could've come down after Christmas to see your beautiful home. Thanks for all of the Christmas gifts. We really hit the jackpot this year! Good thing we didn't come down though, because of Ashby's illness.