Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

EASTER EGGS, WICKED, AND DATE COOKIES

I never did post any photos of the Easter Eggs we colored. It was so fun. Brandon and Janna's kids were here and Quinn and Jessika and Bradon. First, you boil the eggs and then roll them gently to crack them and then put them in a cup of colored water (colored with paste food color
that you use for frosting). The next day, you peel them and wah-lah, they are beautiful.


Neat, huh?


They are safe to eat because the eggs are in the fridge overnite and
the food colot is edible.


COOL!!!
Next, we went to Salt Lake last week to see "Wicked". Brandon and Janna gave us the tickets for Christmas. It was really good. We went with Brandon and Janna and Lauryn and Betty and Roger Jensen. Elder L. Tom Perry and his wife sat right behind me and Elder Ukdorf and his wife were in the balcony to our right waving at the before the play and during intermission. Brandon and Janna went up to talk to the Ukdorf's and said the Prophet was in the balcony too. So, I guess it couldn't have been too "wicked", for all of them to be there.
John, after 3 hours of watching "wicked". Just kidding, he liked it!!
Me and John in front of the Capitol Theatre.


Goofing around to get in the photo with Elder Perry.
And.........Sonja brought her date cookies to the Happy Factory on Thursday for those who hadn't had them and also for those of us that had. We had some new people. RosaLee Stucki and my grandaughter, Lindsey and her friend Jenna Sawyer. I think every one had a good time.

Jenna, Lindsey, RosaLee, Sonja, Gaona, Jennie, Rosie and me.

Our bosses...Donna and Charlie Cooley.

I took some photos of the cookies before they were all gone.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

i had lotsa fun... thanks for inviting me!!

Rex and Paula said...

MMMMM...those date cookies are sooo good. Good to see you got some new help at the HF. Thanks for taking care of the girls. Love ya.

oldcowboy said...

You are one of the best cooks in the world. I like the picture of you at the falls. Nice blog....

Deanna said...

neat blog, and how exciting to see the general authorities. My MaLynda called me Saturday nite to tell me she had got to see Pres. Monson, and he even shook her roommates hand. How glad I am that her Hero is Pres. Monson.

Claudine, where can one get the recipe for the cookies, and how does one get to the Toquerville Falls? I would like to make the cookies and take a trip to the falls.

Love you, Deanna

Shawna said...

Everything you do always looks so much fun. And I love the Easter egg idea, Im so doing that next year

Clark Family said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Wicked..we tried getting tickets the day they went on sale, forever ago but couldn't. It sounds like you had a great weekend. It was good to see you again at Kara's on her b-day.
Cool eggs too I will have to try that sometime.