Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HOME EVENING IN NEW HARMONY


Quin and Grady playing....


John showing Grady a corn worm.

Our view to the east.

Shon, Kenyon and Jessika.


Shon and Trisha

Clouds from the fire at dusk.


Talonnie looking for her friend.


The garden and the deer fence.

The rattle snake, withering across the road.



This one's for you, Vicki and Paula!!!


Last night, we went to Harmony to check out the garden and to get some peaches from Talonie. We got there and waited for Talonnie to change her clothes from work and then she rode the 4 wheeler and we followed her in our new pick up (yes, John took the truck on a dirt road) to their peach orchard. Shon and Trish took their new car up there too and got a hole in the back bumper, trying to turn around at Deanna's house. The first ting we saw, stretched out across the entry to the orchard, was a rattlesnake. We all freeked~!!! Talonnie was going to run over it with her 4 wheeler, cut got kind of scared when it came right down to it, so John decided to run over it with the truck, but I had to get out first, because I was afraid it would get inside somehow. So they rolled up the windows (him and Jessika) and ran over it, but it crawled away into the oak trees nearby, buzzing as it went!! If you know John, this was quite a feet, because he is petrified of snakes. So, we gingerly tip toed around and picked some peaches (THANKS PRINCES'), and then went to the garden which Kenyon had already picked and watered. Then, we went and raided Vernile's garden and got some corn and then watered his new tree for payment. Then we went up on Little Mountain (thanks, Brent) and cooked a hot dog and some asparagus and green onions on the grill. It was so fun. We all had a blast. As it started to get dark, the coyotes started howling to each other and you could hear their little pups and it was so interesting. There is a fire on the back side of PineValley and the smoke was quite thick, blowing down into New Harmony and it was pretty as the sun went down. We didn't leave until it got dark and we hated to leave then, but we were starting to get cold. Great night and a fun time was had by all.

7 comments:

Rex and Paula said...

Thanks MOM! I don't even know why I clicked on your blog....i got so used to seeing the same "Monday Night at the Garden" that I almost quit checking. It looks like your garden is doing great! Oh yea....and I heard about the snake - shame on you all for not killing it! Kenyon would have shot it! Love ya!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

I love updates!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm with Paula, but I keep checking in the hopes your crazy life has settled down and you have time to update us on here. Stinking snakes Yuk!! I heard about it from Jess. The garden looks awesome!! I wish I had been there for peaches and asparagus...delish!!!

Janna said...

Yummy asparagus and peaches and corn. Our little peach tree isn't ripe yet, but I can't wait til it is.

Mama Groke said...

Hey, is this another snake story or the rattle snake on the 'flat" story? i don't think anything can top that. We were in Vegas for Gary's son's "going on a mission" sacrament meeting, and of course following the meeting we got together at Gary's to eat (it wouldn't be a Prince affair if we didn't have food) and John was the talk of the party--all in love of course, and tons of giggles. Love you all, Deanna

oldcowboy said...

Glad you had a fun evening on Little Mountain and enjoyed New Harmony!

knap said...

I love your Blog, it is always good to read what you have been up to, But don't like snakes at all, Try having one come in your home, thank goodness it was just a little garden snake, but still I don't like them at all. your garden looks real good. keep up the good work.

Clay Prince said...

Hi Aunt Clod it was good to see your blog; I saw a couple rattlers fishing on the teton river this year; big diamondbacks. They're scary but interesting creatures. Enjoy the dog days we have left!