Today at the Happy Factory, we thought up a name for our group. Donna Cooley told us that they may need about 30,000 cars to send to Iraq by next year. Rosie was joking around and said we need to send cars to Magnolia (she was thinking of Mongolia), and someone said we should call ourselves the "steel magnolias" and finally we came up with the name of the "30,000 Wood Magnolias" and to make it shorter we will be the WOOD MAGNOLIAS. Another great time was had by all in attendence. Sonja Black left a little early to see about her folks........maybe take them to St. George. Also, there was Janet Lambert, Gayona Schoppmann, Rosie Kirtley (her husband, Tommy, comes every day and does sanding on the cars), Jenny Haider and me. We did 315 cars today. All at the same time we we were trying to think of a name for our group and talking about everything under the sun. There were four college kids there when we got there and the two girls left after about an hour, but the two boys stayed for a while longer and then left. They said they had fun listening to us talk. Gayona bought her a laptop computer and is starting to write her life story. She is having a good time with it and we all started talking about how we all should write our life stories. Rosie said she has had such a fun life that she could really write a good one. I'll bet we all could!
Donna Cooley and Gayona with some of the cars we did.
Sonja, leaving, and Jenny and Janet thinking hard.
Rosie and Tommy Kirtley
7 comments:
I think you should name yourself the Cadilliac's. After all you are all vintage, in pretty good shape for your age, and you are all classy.
IM SO PROUD OF YOU AND ALL YOUR VOLUNTEER WORK. AND YOU HAVE SO MUCH FUN AT THE SAME TIME. I LOVE YOUR NAME!
Claudine, I think it is sooo cool. The hours you guys are putting in there. I can just imagine you and Gayona. Oh my gosh, what a fun group. Whatever you call yourself, you are angels in my book. Love you, Deanna
that is so neat! I just love you blog.
You lady's look like you have a good time. I love the name of your group. Keep up the good work. So good of you to go do all that Volunteer work. I want to be like you when i get older. love your Blog.
Nicole
Claudine, I LOVE the name! I love that movie, mainly because of the window it provides into the friendships between those women. Do you go to the happy factory every week? and is it really called the happy factory? 30,000 cars??? Who makes them all, I am amazed at you, and all you get done. Thanks for giving me a chance to peek at all you do. Vicki
Love Love Love the name!
Can we go with you next Thursday when we are in town? Or maybe it is not Thursday that you go. Would they let my kids go help?
I hope you are writing your life story.
Post a Comment