Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

DASH FOR THE GLASSES

A few weeks ago at the Happy Factory, Rosie told us she found her cute eye glasses at Target in Las Vegas. So, Sonja was going to St. George and was going to look for us some when she went. Well, she came today and had two darling pair that she bought at Ace Hardware down there because Target didn't have any and they were snatched up in a hurry! Rosie said she saw in the Ace add where they had glasses for $1 a pair so we were all stoked up about it. Janet left early (I wonder if she was going to get a jump on us at Ace)? Just kidding, Janet! She already had some that she got at Albertsons and I think she had to go do her visiting teaching. Anyway, when we were through, we all hopped in our cars and headed for Ace Hardware. As I was going east on 200 north, I spotted Gayona gaining on me from behind. Well, she passed me just as I was waving at Mr. Venebals at the North Elementary. So, I took a photo of the speeding car and she was also ahead of me at the Sizzler as you can see in the photos. For some reason or another, I got in the store first and the rest of the women came in shortly after I had found them. There weren't any cute ones in the first bin, so we went to the back of the store by the fabric and found a couple of pairs that fit, that were $2.99 (a little steep) but I think we all got some, but I'm not sure. Anyway, we're thinking of getting us some pink aprons and then we'll be all set. Oh, I forgot to mention that our friend Willard Wood was working there today, putting wheels on cars and he was fun to visit with (or listen too). Oh, I forgot to mention that we did 315 cars.

Well on our way to 30,000!


The Wood Magnolias.......Gayona, Sonja, Me, Jenny and Rosie.

Willard.........hard at work.



Gayona passing me at Kent Corry's Office. Sorry, John for taking
photos while I am driving.


Gayona in front of me at the corner of 200 North and Main.

Jenny, Gayona, Sonja and Rosie trying on glasses in the first bin.


The store clerk took this photo and probably thought we were all nuts.

Gayona, Rosie and Sonja with some that fit.

Jenny found a pair that looked good on her.

7 comments:

Jessika said...

grams..sorry i didnt make it to the factory with you today. when my alarm went off this morning i just couldnt bring myself to get my lazy butt out of bed. looks like you guys had fun..just what you need, another pair of glasses!

knap said...

You Lady's just have to much fun, it is so nice of you all to go and help out. keep up the good work.

Nicole

Rex and Paula said...

OK--a couple of things...I can't believe you are taking pictures while you re driving. I hope you at least had the help of gumby. Second, speaking of aprons. Are you going to make some for the cookin' chicks? I bet your friend Willard would love a pink apron. Love ya-
Paula

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay Claudine, we must be on the same track, background changes and all. Cute background and cute pics. I think the picture taking while driving is great, I mean how else are you gonna be accurate for the blog!!! You go girls with your car building!!! Vicki

oldcowboy said...

ALRIGHT SISTER BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL AT THE SAME TIME. FUN BLOG THOUGH. YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS HAVING FUN

Anonymous said...

Oh, Claudine, how funny is that. Only you could make having to wear glasses seem funny. I have enough of those $1.00 glasses to stock a wear house, but I never can find a pair when I need them--which I might add, is anytime I have my eyes open now--giggle. I am disappointed in you, however, for letting others get ahead of you, when there is a sale.The only time we move any faster is when we are doing our Prince bathroom runs. Oh well, we can't be fast at everything. Love you tons, Deanna

Byron said...

How fun, you always do the funnest stuff.