Tuesday and Wednesday we spent time at the Centrum watching the teams like Panguitch, Wayne, etc. in their round robbin tournament. It was so fun. We have gone for several years in a row and love to watch the small town people and their involvement in their home town team. We see the same people year after year. Some we are missing, such as Irva Sudweeks and her sister , I think a Barnson lady. We loved to watch her chew her gum frantically and yell for her team, maybe Piute. Anyway there are lots of good old home town people that I'm sure are the "salt of the earth". It's a blast!
Speaking of good old home town people - these
are two of the best!

On Thursday, the 2A State Tournament started. John Had to go to Hanksville that day for work, but just as soon as he got home (at 6:30 p.m.) we headed for the Centrum again. Yesterday he spent 12 hours there. I was there for 8. I'm not quite the die hard that he is, but I love the games too. Last night we got home about 10:45.

On Thursday, the 2A State Tournament started. John Had to go to Hanksville that day for work, but just as soon as he got home (at 6:30 p.m.) we headed for the Centrum again. Yesterday he spent 12 hours there. I was there for 8. I'm not quite the die hard that he is, but I love the games too. Last night we got home about 10:45.
The good looking guy that we got our tickets from
behind the ticket counter.
John and Shon about 10:30 Friday night, trying to see on the
internet, who won the Cedar High Boys game in Salt Lake. Do
Today (Saturday) we're at it again! John left at 9:30 this morning so he could get all adjusted by the first game at 10 a.m. I had to bake bread this morning, so I will go when that is all done..................
Later: I went to the games at 1:30 and took so much stuff (aka, sandwiches for 5 people, chips and dip, drinks, camera, dishes, candy, etc.) that I had to drive up to the front of the Centrum and unload it to John for him to take in, so I could go park the pickup, because I couldn't pack it all that far.
The rest of the day went great. We sat by Kenyon and Kara and his friend Justin and his family. Rand Williams came the same time that I did and sat with us. Shon was there at times and Trisha and the boys came later and sat by us. Mataya had fun playing with Justin's little girl and some other little girls that were there too. It was so cute. We arrived home at about 9:30 and I think we are about burned out on ball games for a while. Unless.....................John wants to go to
Richfield for the state tournament over there.
Kenyon, enjoying the sandwich I brought.
Rand Williams.........enjoying a good book as well as the game.
Justin.......................Mr. Mom!
The house was full by the championship game.
Annie Gardner escaped from the tunnel to sit by
her sis and family.
Taya and Justin's little girl - cute huh?
Grady.......happy to be here..........for a while anyway.
Do you think Grady wants some of Mataya's Twizzler?
Trisha gets a rest for a while...............
Ten hours at the Centrum is just too much for this little girl!

















3 comments:
No wonder nobody has see or heard form you for days and days. I like Grady's Jazz jacket. I guess you have ditched the Jazz for the local sport scene huh? Well, they are doing good without the CC holding their meetings. Hope to get together for one soon though. Love ya.
THE CRAZY GUM CHEWING SISTER IS MARVA ALLEN. SHE PASSED AWAY. GRANDMA IRVA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE THOUGH. SHE IS 90 BUT LOOKS LIKE SHE IS 60. MAN THAT TAYA IS CUTE.
Nice Pictures and looks like a busy week. Hope all is well with you..
Post a Comment