Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

LAURYN AND GRANDMA ON FRIDAY

We tended Brandon and Janna's kids for three days this weekend. On Friday, the 13th, (eek) John took Parker and Ashby and went target shooting out west of town. So...........Lauryn and I went to the Happy Factory (my favorite place) to do some cars. Lauryn had never been before, so I asked Donna Cooley if I could bring my grandchildren and she said they needed to be at least twelve. Lauryn will be 13 in September (ye gads!!!) and so we gathered up our aprons and off we went! We got out there at eleven o'clock in the morning and there were a couple of ladies there already and some men in the back. One lady was oiling cars and the other one was filling up the boxes of the already oiled cars (they have to sit overnight before they can be put into boxes to ship). Well, we started to work and a man came out of the back that was married to the lady that was oiling cars. He was talking on the phone and then went outside and came back in and they were getting ready to go home. Then...........he realized that he had lost his hearing aid! His wife started to panic and was moving boxes and looking everywhere! Apparently, he had taken it out to talk on the phone and couldn't find it. Finally, his wife sent him out to the truck where he had been talking to his son on the phone, and he came back in and he had found it. She said he would have to stay another 15 minutes because he took that long looking for the hearing aid. It made the time pass by fast, watching this saga and listening to them. It was fun. We did sixty cars and stayed about an hour and it was good Grandma-Grandaughter bonding time. Donna Cooley showed us her cute shirt that someone up north gave to her and so we took a photo. John took photos of his outing, but that will be another blog later on.
Lovely Lauryn working her fingers to the bone.

Donna in her Happy Factory Lady Shirt.


Almost done.................................

7 comments:

oldcowboy said...

You set a good example for your grankids. They are lucky to have you as their grandmother, just like I am lucky to have you as my sis.

Brent

Anonymous said...

Wow, other car dealers may be having troubles, but not so in Cedar at the Happy Factory. When we get to Heaven, Claudine, I'll bet you will get to use a car because of all the service you have done. What a beautiful example you are to all of us, but more important to Lauryn and your other grandchildren. Thanks for making the rest of us feel guilty for not being there. Love you, Deanna

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Claudine, how great to have time with your kids. We spent lots of time with my granparents when I was young and they are among my most cherished memories. Lucky you and lucky Lauren.

*~The Stephensen's~* said...

Hi Aunt Claudine,,I can not belive how big Brandons kids are, and so cute, Its so great u can spend time with them like you do. I love looking at your page you have some of the best pictures, where do you find them??? This one of the temple is breath taking..it gave me goose bumps..Give Uncle John a squeeze for me. We know we dont get up there much but were hoping to more this summer.. Take Care Markae

Sylvia said...

Hi Claudine, yes I remember you and sorry you havent been able to get a hold of he I have been at the doctors office with a sick baby everyday for the last week! What a pain. The temple on the side came from myonecuteblog.com she has tons of really cute things on there. And the names on the picture I have photoshop on my computer so I did them on that. Thanks for the comment too. And visit agin. Let me know if you any other ?'s

Janna said...

Thank you so much for watching the kids. They really had alot to tell us about for such a short amount of time that they spent with you guys. You are amazing examples of love, kindness and service. Thanks again!!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay Claudine, way cute gadget on your blog, I love the temple with the words that come on, soooo cute! I am hearing a rumor that you may be coming to visit for cooking with the chicks! Sweet!