Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

CAN YOU STAND TO HEAR ONE MORE SNOW FLOWER STORY?

We tended Mataya on Thursday night and Friday and it was fun. I wanted to go down on Lawson Hill and take my grandkids so that they could pick snow flowers. So, Jessika and I and Mataya rode down in the Honda and Shon and Trish and their boys came in their car. Vernile was kind enough to meet us at Dad's and haul us up there in his pick up. You have to cross the stream on a board that isn't too sturdy but we all got across without incident. Quinn had more fun than anyone, I think because he loved climbing the rocks. Mataya loved following Quinn where she could. We found lots of snow flowers (right where you told me Brent) and the stems were long enough that we could pick them better. All the kids got some in a bag to bring home and we had a blast. We didn't stay too long, because our ride had to get home to get ready for a ward party. Thanks Vernile for taking us again.................it was really fun. Hopefully the grandkids that we took will remember it and take their kids and grandkids when they get some. And I hope that I can take Brandon and Kim's kids next year.

The view to the east of where we were.........


Taya with a snow flower.


Quinn climbing the rocks.

Taya and Quinn ready to head back to Harmony with the goods.

Our tour guide, Vernile.

COOL Jessika~

Shon and Grady..........

Trisha .............Quinn found a hut.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Love to hear the snow flower stories. We will have to try to get down next year at this time.

oldcowboy said...

I am proud of you for carrying on the snowflower traditions. I can see Quinn and Mataya doing the same long after we are gone because of the time you are spending to teach them that the best things in life are free.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time, Mom. Thanks for taking the time to give the kids that experience.

Rex and Paula said...

Mom,
You are carrying on a tradition that Grandma Camilla did with us. I still remember going to see the snow flowers with her. I am sure the kids will remember it just like I do. Thanks for being such a wonderful Mom and Grandma.