When we were at the Happy Factory on Thursday, we decided we wanted to go to New Harmony and check out the snow flowers that are posted on my brothers blogs,
http://vernileprince.blogspot.com/ and
http://brentprince.blogspot.com/. So...........Vernile agreed to be our guide and we decided to go on Saturday and come back to Cedar to Schoppmanns for a hamburger. Well, we woke up to about 10 inches of snow on Saturday. So, to plan B, which was in this case, to go to the Schoppmanns anyway and watch the BYU basketball game and still have Gaona's famous hamburgers. So, we met at 6 p.m. so we would have time to eat before the game. We had a delicious meal of Jenny's chip dip and chips, rice and shrimp salad, soft drinks, Elma Lynn's yummy apple cake and warm topping, and of course, the hamburgers and olives. Then, it was game time, and we realized that they don't get The Mountain, which is the channel that the game comes on.
But, we had so much fun visiting and telling stories, that I don't think anyone even missed the game. Thanks to Mitch and Gaona
for the use of their beautiful home for a great evening of fun.
This is what it looked like when we woke up on Saturday!!
John and Sonja Black ..aren't they cute?
Vernile Prince and Mitch Schoppmann
John and I enjoying the company........
Paul Haider......sorry Jenny, I didn't get a photo of you.
Sharon, telling John and Lowell something interesting..........
My beautiful sister in law, Elma Lynne Prince.
Gaona Schoppmann-the hostess with the mostess!
7 comments:
Sounds like you have fun time. It's nice to know that old people can still get together and have a good time. I will visit your blog everyday for the rest of my life so long as you keep that picture of dad at the bottom!
I am glad that you guys have such a fun time with each other. It is neat how you have all stayed friends through the years. What picture is Shaun talking about? Maybe it was removed by the time I came along. Happy Tuesday.
Brent
I found the picture that Shawn was talking about.....Thats a keeper.
I think everyone had a great time, much better than thowe who watched the ball game! It never ceases to amaze me how Mitch can spin such an amazing yarn with such little thread.
I sometimes wish I had sought my fortune a little closer to all of you relatives, it seems like we miss out on a lot of fun stuff. It has been nice to keep up with you and your family through blogging.
So...now that we have all scrolled to the bottom of your blog just to see the picture of dad... I agree, you have to keep it there. I love it-especially the beach part of it. I guess the snow flowers lived up to their name that day. Sounds like a fun day though. Just finished watching the Jazz end their winning streak. Bummer!
Looks like you had a real nice time, also love the picture of John at the bottom of the page, and yes we just got done watching the Jazz, I will have to agree with paula. BUMMER is right.
Post a Comment