Yesterday, Janet Lambert and Jenny
Haider and I went to Harmony in search of some snow flowers. I would like to thank my mother, Camilla, for instilling in me the
need to go gather snow flowers every spring. It just seems an automatic thing to do every March. I would like to go next week and take Quinn and maybe
Mataya. Anyway, it was a beautiful day with no wind. Jenny came here and we got in my pick up and went and picked Janet up and got us a drink at KB, then headed out. We went through
Kanarra and drove around there for a while, looking at who lives where. Then on to Harmony. We stopped at Dad's to get
Vernile and Elma Lynne who were there watching the
BYU basketball game, (they won, by the way). They took their car and we took mine and we drove up through Gordon Pace's property and parked by his haystack. We only had to walk a short distance, and we found lots of beautiful flowers. It was so fun.
Allot of cows had gathered around our cars, when we got back to them. I guess they were lonesome for people. We headed back and when we got to the gate, the pussy willows were blooming, so
Vernile picked some for Jenny because she wanted to take some home. Then we went down to
Vernile's house for a tour of it. Jenny and Janet have never seen it, so that was fun too. Then we rode around Harmony for a while looking at who lives where there. The trip back was uneventful and we arrived at home about six o'clock.
Beautiful little snow flowers growing between the rocks..........
More of them......................
More still.
Elma Lynne, Jenny and Vernile with an armful of flowers.
Janet, sunning herself on a rock.
Cute little calf with it's mama.
Jenny, discovered some more........
Jessika with Jenny with her finds.
4 comments:
Glad to see you made it over to Lawson Hill. Seems like the springtime just isn't spring without a trip to Lawson. Its funny the little things in life that are the simplest, like a little flower on a hillside could have such a grand impact on one's life. I think we are one of the only families that has most of its brothers and sisters visit this hill. It is a good tradition to carry it on. I am glad that you are going to take Quinn and Mataya. Someday they will repeat the cycle of going to Lawson, because of the example you are to them. Way to GO!
It was fun to pick flowers with you guys. Let's make it an annual affair.
I can't believe how many blogs I have seen about snow flowers from you Southerners. That is a tradition I had never heard about until seeing it on your blogs. I'm wondering, though...what do you DO with them after you pick them? Make a nice corsage?
grams... i remember when i was living up there and u took me and quinn to pick snow flowers... that was so fun. i wish i could have been there!
Post a Comment