Quinn, where we ate lunch.
On Saturday, September 27, we took to the hills again. Paula and Rex and Jessika went with us and also our grandson Quinn and our friends, Teresa and Brent Spackman. The ride up Cedar Canyon in our pick-ups was BEAUTIFUL. The leaves were the prettiest I have seen in a long time. We unloaded at Strawberry Point Parking Lot at about ten o'clock in the morning. It was 52 degrees, but soon got warm enough to take off some of the layers of clothes we had on. We went on the Turkey Track Trail and it was beautiful. We ate lunch at the highway 89 overlook. There was a big black cloud over our heads, but we kept thinking we would get back to the trucks before it rained.....................WRONG!! About halfway back, it started to pour down. We stopped under a big pine tree and got our rain gear on, and went on our way. I wished I would have had windsheild wipers on my goggles, because I couldn't hardly see, and if I took them off I couldn't see at all. It didn't rain too long. We took our rain geer off before we got back to the pick ups. When we got back to the parking lot, there were rainclould all around us, but it was dry there. It rained on us a little on our way down the canyon. It was a great day. Thanks to Rex and Brent for taking us in their pick ups, because ours is out of commission.





1 comment:
Claudine, its official I have a blog. Im still trying to figure out some things. Check it out..
Post a Comment