Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MY AUNT MARIAN

Aunt Marian labeling things for me.........

Today I called Aunt Marian to ask her some questions about my Gould ancestors. I was telling her that my brother, Brent had written about the Gould's Sheep Sheering operation, and she wanted to know how to get onto someone's blog. She said "Come down.......right now". Since I hadn't started any of my chores and wasn't in the middle of anything, I obeyed, and got in the pick-up and went to her house. She is in the middle of remodeling the outside of her house and it is going to be SO CUTE!! Anyway, we sat down at her computer and I showed her what little I know about getting on to blogs, and she was excited. She told me she had some photos of the Gould's Sheep Sheering Operation and I was so thrilled. She found them, and so we got in the pick-up and headed for the copy store so I could get some copied for myself. I got lots of photos and documents copied and she labeled them for me. Judy Parry helped us and it was fun. Aunt Marian will be 80 years young on 9-11-08. It is hard to believe it by looking at her and being around her. She is de-junking her house (again) and gave me some neat pottery and a scarf and hat that she crocheted. So, once again I benifited by going to her house..........not only was it fun and I enjoyed it so much, but she gave me those things, which I will cherish. If I can figure it out, I will post a photo of the Sheep Pens that she gave me.

Happy Birthday Aunt Marian!!!

2 comments:

oldcowboy said...

Please give me some copies of your pictures or post them on your site and let me get them there. I will post them on my blog. Sounds like this blogging is catching on. You are an awesome sister Claudine.

When you go to Harmony to pick appples, the apple picking bag and boxes are in the white utility trailer. Have fun!!!

Brent

Janna said...

You are quite the blogger! What a neat experience with your aunt. Those are the memories that you will treasure, the spontaneous ones are always the best. And truely inspired!