
Me in front of Grandpa Prince's Barn.

Dad, leaving the Apple Fest, about to freeze to death.


The "Harmony Hilton", just as it was starting to snow.

Dad, leaving the Apple Fest, about to freeze to death.

Today I went to New Harmony. I took Dad a sandwich from Arbys and he loved it, so I was happy that he ate. The temperature in the house was up to 80 degrees and he asked me if I was cold. I snuck in and turned down the temp about five degrees and hoped he didn't notice. I went down to Vernile's house and their son Clay and his family were there and I had fun seeing them. Their kids have grown and I hadn't even seen their baby yet, and she was two in August. They have a darling family. Vernile and Clay and two of his kids came up to Dad's and we went up on the flat to Brent's orchard and got a few apples to eat (thanks Brent). It was such a beautiful day. The temp is just right and no wind. A perfect fall day. I wish I had taken my camera to get some photos of Vernile about falling off the ladder and out of the tree, and some of Clay's family, but I forgot. I will put in some photos of Saturday when we were there for the Apple Fest, snow and all.




2 comments:
Those are some awesome pictures. I love New Harmony!! Next year you have to MAKE us go to Apple Days. We just forget..Talk to ya later.
It was nice to see you and spend some time while we were here. I also wish I had brought my camera to the orchard, now that I'm officially a blogger (I started a blog while on vacation at Dad's...we'll see if I can find time to update it once in awhile). If you can handle more self-absorbed ramblings from yet another Prince man, check it out at mdprince.blogspot.com
Post a Comment