
Beautiful Pinevalley Mountain with the leaves turning.
Turkey's running away from us in the field.

Tree turning colors.

Old fishing pond where John and his Uncle went fishing, probably 50+ years ago

Sign where you turn to go up into Grass Valley or the Mill Canyon Trail Head that goes up to Pinevalley Mountain.

Then we went east until we were almost up against the west back side of Pinevalley Mountain. A gentleman from Scotland lives there and we delivered the rock to him. He is such an interesting man, that we would like to have visited for the rest of the day, but John was on the clock so we had to get back. He already has a home there, but they are building sort of a park area with a bridge and lined creek beds and a pond and big, beautiful cottonwood trees. There was water cress growing thick on top of the water in the creek. We will have to go there again someday. On the way home, we saw a bunch of wild turkey's in a field in Pinto. When we stopped, they ran away, but I got this photo.
Turkey's running away from us in the field.
Tree turning colors.

Old fishing pond where John and his Uncle went fishing, probably 50+ years ago

Sign where you turn to go up into Grass Valley or the Mill Canyon Trail Head that goes up to Pinevalley Mountain.

John and I went to Grass Valley yesterday. He had a load of gravel to deliver for Schmidt Construction, so he took me along. It was such a beautiful day and the leaves were so pretty. We went west to Pinto, and then south on a dirt road for around ten miles to the turn-off. We saw a large pond where John used to go fishing with his Uncle Richard.




1 comment:
Sounds like a fun trip. I don't think I have been in that area since I was a boy scout. I need to make the trip sometime soon and renew some old memories.
Post a Comment