Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

JACK FROST IS COMING TO TOWN

Beautiful pink geramiums that I hate to see freeze. John with our produce.
John picking the tomatoes.




John pulled up all of our squash on Thursday and got them in the garbage for trash day. Then, it was suppose to freeze last night, so we picked all of the ripe tomatoes (and there were alot of the small pear tomatoes that he takes in his lunch). Then we got some large tarps and got them all covered so they wouldn't freeze. We felt so proud of ourselves to get all of that done. Then we got up this morning at 6 a.m. and the temprature is 39 degrees. So, I don't even think it froze. But, it is suppose to snow today and for sure freeze tonight, so we are ahead of the game in that department. I love fall, and winter, but I'm not quite ready for snow yet. Oh well, does it matter if I'm ready or not? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Brandon picked all of our produce today. I didn't get any photos of him doing this because he did it so early in the morning that the kids were probably still asleep, and I was at the temple with my presidency. BUMMER!! I hate the cold!

oldcowboy said...

I hate to see the frost come and wipe out the gardens. However each season brings its own beauty.

Brent